It’s no secret that water is good and very important for your body. Staying well-hydrated is an important aspect of keeping yourself happy and healthy. Here are some of the most important reasons why you should drink an extra glass of water today:
- Water has no calories and can help manage your weight.
- Drinking water can help keep your skin clear and improve your mood.
- Water helps your body keep a normal temperature and prevents overheating.
- Water is important if you have a fever. It will help bring your temperature down and prevent dehydration.
- Water helps you sweat, urinate, and have bowel movements more regularly. All of these body functions rid your body of waste and toxins.
- If you are vomiting or have diarrhea, water will help your body recover.
- Water lubricates joints that need cushion and protects your spinal cord.
- Drinking more water will help you be able to endure physical activity longer and better.
Need help drinking more water? You can:
- Carry a water bottle with you to remind you to drink more water.
- Purchase freezer-safe water bottles and freeze water overnight to have ice-cold water for a good portion of the day.
- Squeeze some lemon or lime in your water to make the taste a little more interesting without taking away any of the nutritional value.
We know it can be hard to completely stay away from other beverages, but you don’t have to. You can start this lifestyle change by drinking a glass of water immediately before or after other beverages or by just making sure you drink more water than other drinks.