Last Updated: March 29, 2023
MPV (Mpox) Vaccines
PHNTX is now offering eligible individuals MPV vaccines at the Worth Street Health Center. (Eligibility information is below.)
Vaccination is for the prevention of MPV only. People with confirmed cases of MPV or symptoms of MPV are not eligible to receive the vaccine.
The CDC is NOT recommending routine immunization against MPV for the general public.
At this time, MPV vaccination is only available to people with the highest potential for exposure to MPV.
To make an appointment, please call our Worth Street Health Center at 214-623-6830.
MPV Vaccine Eligibility
People Eligible to receive the MPV vaccine:
- People in certain occupational exposure risk groups.
- People who had close, intimate, skin-to-skin contact with someone who has tested positive for MPV.
- Men (cisgender and transgender) and transgender women 18 and older who have sex with men and who also have had multiple or anonymous sex partners in the past 14 days.
- Men (cisgender and transgender) and transgender women who have sex with men who met partners through an online website, digital app, or social event in the past 14 days.
- Men (cisgender and transgender) and transgender women who have sex with men who had skin-to-skin or intimate contact (example: kissing, hugging) with persons at large venues or events in the past 14 days.
- Persons 18 years of age or older who were diagnosed with HIV, chlamydia, gonorrhea, or early syphilis within the past 12 months or are on HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP).
- Sexual partners of people with the above risks.
- People who anticipate experiencing the above risks.
- Any person who believes they may be at risk for MPV.