Since opening our doors in 1986, Prism Health North Texas (PHNTX) has played a critical role in connecting North Texans living with HIV to lifesaving services. Today, the Policy, Advocacy, and Community Engagement (PACE) department is committed to advocating for policies that advance the health and rights of all Texans. Local, state, and federal policies safeguard our ability to provide healthcare access to historically underserved communities.
At PHNTX, we work to improve the lives of those we serve by:
- Providing voter registration, education, engagement, and mobilization in traditionally marginalized communities.
- Training and organizing community advocates to act on priority issues.
- Collaborating with local, state, and federal partners to build a united front on shared policy goals.
- Educating policymakers and decision-makers about policy issues that affect the communities we serve so they can implement policies and procedures that benefit all Texans.
- Organizing public events that educate and mobilize our community to promote policies that improve the quality of life in underserved communities.