Negative Cell Phone Radiation Effects and How to Protect Yourself
Published: 08-09-2021 | 3 MIN READ | Author: Prism Health North Texas
Given almost everyone has a cellular device, consumers should know about radiation, especially as phone become more technologically advanced. All mobile electronic devices, including cell phones, emit energy called Electromagnetic Field (EMF) radiation. Exposure to EMF radiation can become harmful when we constantly use our mobile devices close to our bodies over long periods.
Cell Phone Radiation Effects on Human Body
Cell phones emit radiofrequency radiation from wireless internet and cellular connections, while the batteries emit extremely low-frequency radiation (RF). Certain body parts, such as the head and torso, are much more vulnerable to EMF emissions than the arms and legs.
Do Phones Cause Cancer?
Studies have found links between EMF exposure to everything from minor health concerns such as headaches and skin rashes to more severe conditions, such as fertility problems, DNA fragmentation, cell damage, and cancerous tumors. Although some correlations have been found, the data is insufficient and most finds are inconclusive. The main concern is as cell phone technology becomes more sophisticated, the EMF emissions will continue to increase. Many parents let their children use (or own) cell phones and we have yet to see the fallout from prolonged EMF exposure over a child’s entire lifetime. Limiting cell phone radiation exposure to you and your family is something to consider in order to limit the side effects that may occur later in your child’s life as the cell phone generation grows up.
Steps You Can Take to Protect Yourself:
- Use the speakerphone function on your phone whenever possible.
- If you are using standard talk mode, turn up the volume to the highest setting and hold the phone 2-4 inches away from your head.
- Use wired headphones or, better yet, radiation-free air tube headphones, especially for prolonged use.
- If you must be on a call while driving, use an option like Apple CarPlay or an auxiliary cord to direct it through the car’s speakers. Doing so has the added upside of promoting safer driving as well as reducing your EMF exposure!
- Keep your phone out of your pocket and in a belt holster or bag instead.
- Enable Airplane mode as a simple way to disable all wireless transmissions and reduce radiation. When Airplane mode is enabled, your phone won’t connect to WiFi, Bluetooth, or cellular data. Your phone won’t constantly send out RF signals to remain connected. Airplane mode will also preserve your battery life and help your phone recharge faster!
- Turn it off if it has a poor signal. If your phone is far from a tower or has poor reception, it will work harder to grab a signal and emit more radiation as a result.
- Make sure your phone isn’t constantly running apps or location services in the background. Turn off the cellular data option so that your phone isn’t always searching for Wi-Fi or cellular data to connect.
- Minimize use. Choose to text over calling whenever you can. If you must make a call, keep the conversation brief. Buy a landline for your home so that your cell phone isn’t the only way to get ahold of you, and you can turn your phone off.
- Increase your distance from the phone. Putting a few inches (at best four or more feet) between you and your device will considerably reduce the amount of radiation absorbed by your body. Keeping your phone out of your bedroom at night will minimize radiation and promote healthy sleeping habits!
- Invest in EMF protection gear if your job requires you to be always reachable by phone. Whether you use your phone a lot or a little, it may be wise to use an anti-radiation case that puts a barrier between your phone and your ear or other parts of the body. You will reduce direct skin contact with RF and EMF radiation emissions!
Reducing your phone’s functions seems like a lot to ask but you can start by turning it off or putting it away for small periods of time and gradually extending that time. It’s worth it in the long run if you want to live a long, healthy life. Enjoy the newest developments in communication technology while taking proactive steps to protect yourself and your loved ones from potentially harmful EMF radiation. You might enjoy powering down and enjoying the non-digital aspects of life!
Reference: Daniel DeBaun is an internationally recognized expert in EMF radiation, EMF shielding, and EMF-related health issues with a special focus on the effect of exposure from mobile devices.