Prism Health North Texas has partnered with Arttitude and Transgender Pride of Dallas to present the inaugural TX Trans Pride event on Friday, September 30 at Station 4 from 7 p.m. to 4 a.m. on the popular Cedar Springs Strip. The free event will include entertainment in Station 4’s famed Rose Room, a resource fair with trans-inclusive resources and services, free HIV and STI testing, and an Affirmation Station with free gender-affirming items and products. Station 4 is located at 3911 Cedar Springs Road in Dallas.
“We often see that events or holidays for the trans community are usually in observance, remembrance, or visibility, but never wholly a celebration,” Brandon Corpus, Behavioral Intervention Specialist said. “In establishing this inaugural event, we hope to create a space that is both informative and fun, with information about resources and services available and representation from world-class entertainers of the same experience and backgrounds.”
An evening packed with education, community, and fun, the schedule for the event is as follows:
- 6 p.m. – Doors open at Station 4
- 7 p.m. – Opening show with Jazell Barbie Royale and other entertainments of trans experience from Austin, Houston, San Antonio, and Dallas
- 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. – Free STI and HIV testing stations provided by Prism Health North Texas
- 7 p.m. to 12 a.m. – Resource Fair including Affirmation Station providing free gender-affirming items and products while supplies last and other information about trans-inclusive resources and services
- 9:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. – Private, ticketed meet and greet with Kerri Colby of RuPaul’s Drag Race Season 14 fame
- 11 p.m. – Kerri Colby performs with the cast of the Rose Room
- 2 a.m. to 4 a.m. – Dance party finale
“This event is more than just a show or a resource fair,” Corpus added. “This is an opportunity to come together as a community and uplift our trans siblings, in addition to connecting with those who may need vital resources and services available through Prism Health North Texas and other local agencies. We will have gender-affirming items and products, information about healthcare and behavioral health services access, and plenty of joy to share with attendees.”
In addition to the entertainment portions of the event, there will be food trucks serving snacks in the back parking lot of Station 4 all evening.
To encourage regular STI and HIV testing, tickets to the Kerri Colby meet and greet will be available on a first come, first served basis at the organization’s various free testing operations beginning September 6, 2022. By either visiting the After Hours Pride Clinic at the Worth Street Health Center at 4004 Worth Street on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. or Sue Ellen’s at 3014 Throckmorton Street on Wednesdays from 9 p.m. to 11 p.m, Dallasites can receive tickets to the meet and greet by receiving free testing services and sharing the password “TXTRANSPRIDE” while supplies last.
Organizations and individuals interested in sponsoring this event or donating to services may visit txtranspride.org/sponsor/ for more information.
“We hope that our trans siblings who join us at TX Trans Pride will leave feeling affirmed in their identity and better equipped to navigate their day-to-day lives,” Corpus finished.